Social networking sites get me at no end. From the unnecessary comments to unnecessary status updates (i.e. eating cake. -5 minutes later: tying my shoes. -2 minutes later: leaving.), it is no surprise that most of the idiotic people of this generation stay on these social networking sites, hoping to find some kind of piece of satisfaction of getting one single compliment. In this posting, I'm going to be discussing a couple things. A) People's photos. B) Most common and most unnecessary things people do to get them deleted.
1. The Transformer: Has there been a genetic mutation to cause people to give birth to cars? You can typically tell that if someone has a picture of their car in their profile picture and God forbid them in it, pointing at it
like we would have otherwise been unable
to see it if they weren't doing it (oh, thank goodness you have fingers!), they're a douchebag. I don't think there is a lesser amount of doucheness emitting from a photo other than a photo that resembles over-compensation.
2. Duck Face: If you do not know what "duck face" is, go here
and you'll find out. I can tolerate 1, 2, maybe
3 photos of you doing this, but if you're doing it in 3/4 of your photos, you should probably off yourself. It does NOT make you look pretty. It makes you look stupid. I saw some girl on Facebook a few days ago (she's pregnant, HAHA), and out of 35 of her profile photos, 28 of them were, you guessed it: hideously covered in duck face. Think of some other pose in your picture. Oh, for heaven's sake. Try to smile! I hear that's what normal
people do in photos!
3. The famous "MySpace Angle." Remember in the dawn of MySpace when almost everyone you came into contact under the age of 20 was going through the emo phase and almost every one of them had some sort of "angle" on them to make them look prettier? Yeah, well, it's no surprise that since nobody really uses MySpace anymore, they've all found their way to facebook. Here's a tip, though: stop with the MySpace angles. Everybody knows that when you use the MySpace angle, you're hiding something. Maybe you're trying to hide the hideous pimples on your face, or the face that you're a lot fatter than the angle makes you appear... Whatever the reason, we've caught on 5 years ago. If you're really THAT insecure with your appearance, go on to number 4.
4. Highly Photoshopped images: I can understand if you made a photo in Photoshop because you thought it was funny and you posted it as your profile pic (we could all use a laugh once in a while), but when you've added unnecessary things to your profile picture or the God-awful glitter graphics, I really hope you get hit by a bus. There are differences between being artsy, being obnoxious, and covering up nasty features from your face. By now, we have all learned to tell the difference.
1. It always gets me when someone talks shit about someone on their status and then, oops. That person is on their friend's list. I laugh at this. I NEVER feel sorry for the person, because clearly they're the dumbass who didn't do a little bit of friend research to make sure they didn't see it. I, however, if I have an issue, I don't bitch about it on my status. I go straight to that person. Keep your goddamn drama off of my news feed.
2. Have you forgotten that we no longer use MySpace nowadays? Keep the stupid games away from my news feed. The most annoying Facebook "game" to date is the number game. I flat out told everyone right when it started that if I saw them doing it, I would delete them. They did it. I deleted them. Some have since added me back and now know that I mean business when I say I'll delete them. Nearly 80 people were removed from my list. At least I know the dumbasses from the smarter ones. I see it like this: You are SPAMMING your friend's walls. You don't like it when someone posts a status every five minutes, so why would you do the same? Karma, motherfucker.
3. Consistent pessimism. This will be short. If you constantly post a status about how much your life sucks, two things are bound to happen. One, removal from news feed. Two, removal from friends.
I know there's more, but since I think I'm going to go work out and then take a nap, I'm not going to finish it.
What are some of your pet peeves on social networking sites?